Navigating the 2012 Nike US Open of Surfing
The Nike US Open of Surfing is a nine-day FREE event (you don't need ANY tickets to join in the fun or to view any of the competitions), jam-packed with action in the wateer and on the sand. Here are a few basic things to keep in mind when you're with us on Huntington Beach.
The Nike US Open of Surfing is:
- An alcohol free event
- A smoke free event
There Will Be No Bottled Water Sold:
- The Nike US Open of Surfing supports recycling and the minimization of waste. Please bring your own water bottles or purchase a refillable water bottle on site to refill for free at the event via our rehydration stations. Help keep our oceans and beaches clean!
The Sun is HOT! Don't Forget to Bring:
- Hat and Sunglasses.
- Sunscreen (apply regularly throughout the day, especially after going into the water).
Additional Beach Etiquette:
- If you’re cooling off in the water, swim between the appropriate flags and obey any instructions from lifeguards.
- If you or anyone needs help, be sure to contact a member of event staff, lifeguards, or call “911."
- Keep a close eye on personal belongings.
Event Parking is VERY Limited:
- Please visit Public Transportation for more information on utilizing public transportation options, in addition to our free shuttle service!