Fast Facts (Surf)
Men’s ASP PRIME Event
- Winner receives US$100,000 - 6,500pts
- The ASP PRIME Events serve as a springboard to the elite ASP Men’s World Championship Tour.
- A surfer’s best 8 results count towards their qualification for the ASP Men’s World Championship tour.
Women’s ASP WCT
- Winner receives US$15,000 - 10,000pts
- A surfer’s best 5 results count towards their qualification for the ASP Women’s World Tour.
Pro Junior Men’s 4-star (July 28 - Aug 5)
- Winner Receives US$4,500 - 1,000pts
Pro Junior Women’s 4-star (July 28 - Aug 4)
- Winner Receives US$1,800 - 1,000pts
Judges analyze the following major elements when scoring waves:
- Commitment and degree of difficulty
- Innovative and progressive maneuvers
- Combination of major maneuvers
- Variety of maneuvers
- Speed, power and flow
- The emphasis on certain elements is contingent upon location and conditions on the day, as well as changing conditions during the day.
[0.0 – 1.9: Poor] [2.0 – 3.9: Fair] [4.0 – 5.9: Average] [6.0 – 7.9: Good] [8.0 – 10.0: Excellent]